Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Security system CCTV camera install


Below you can see the security system , there is a 7" TFT monitor cost about $35 , the color cameras can be found for about $40- 80 depending on 480 line to 700 line and they work in the dark up to 30 feet. The connectors below needed to be purchased extra they are a BNC to RCA female & BNC to RCA male, I also used 2 x 2.1mm plugs to connect the power wires, these could just be wired together without and connectors. One thing great about the monitor is that it comes with a remote , allows 2 cameras to be connected & allows you to flip the picture right to left & top to bottom , just in case you install the camera upside down. I tend to like these cameras best, they are easy to install and to move around, they have a great quality picture & last longer then many other models which I have all tried out. 


At night they glow bright red and are very annoying to my thieving neighbors, which so far have been quite camera shy. Keep in mind I will also have 8 plus back up alarm bumper sensors $50 installed around the trailer, that will be tripped should you get closer then 10ft. Since this is OTTCT - it is mostly for fun to install these items.






The lens can be adjusted up and down - right to left


BNC to RCA female & BNC to RCA male, I also used 2 x 2.1mm plugs 




At night they glow bright red and are very annoying to my thieving neighbors

1 comment:

Please leave your thoughts, I am always looking for new ideas.