Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Trojans are coming 2 x 12 volt - 225 AH

              Here we go, I just received 2 x 12 volt 225 AH batteries form Trojan. This time they were more affordable about $580 for both batteries & I picked them up directly from the warehouse. The first time around I paid about $880 for my 2 x 6 volt 400 amp hour Surrettee batteries, a large part of the cost 25% - 30% or more was for shipping. Each battery weighs about 128 lbs. These batteries are rated for approx 1,200 cycles at 50% discharge. With my use they should last about 5-6 years or longer. Time will tell.  The trick with Batteries is to never ever let them run dry & to always properly charge them as close to 100% as you possible can.   



   I got my Batteries from Barb & Pat at the solarbiz.com   , both real nice friendly lady's. They have great prices and Barb & Pat fixed it so I could get a local PU just 2 miles from my house. There was a small $30 PU fee , but then the guys there need a little money to run the forklift & load them into my truck.







http://www.thesolarbiz.com/Trojan-J185H-AC-12V-Battery-225-AH




The batteries are in a really heavy duty plastic case





They were even fully charged at over 12.6 volts

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your batteries will last quite a while. You've got the right idea - not running them down too far. I have never been below 70% on the house battery banki, even using a full time voltmenter to monitor it. I ran the van's battery dead three times and killed it forever! (it was one of those cross between a starting / deep cycle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi You,

    There’s a new way to bring nearly any type of old battery back to life ...so it’s just like new again.

    This method works with nearly every type of battery out there ...and it’s simple and quick.

    >> Click here to learn this secret battery reconditioning method <<

    In case you’re wondering, you’ll be able to bring car, phone, and laptop batteries back to life with this.

    It even works with solar/off-grid, marine, golf cart, and forklift batteries. Plus, many more!

    >> Click here to learn how to bring your dead batteries back to life again <<

    With this recondition battery secret, you won’t have to buy new expensive batteries anymore. You can just recondition your old, used batteries and save a lot of money!

    And >> This new video presentation << shows you how:


    Best regards.






    .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts, I am always looking for new ideas.