Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grout is done

      Grouting is finally done, I will install the shower fixture next. In case you wanna do this project with these little tiles, be aware it takes forever and a day.  I would say about 4 to 5 x longer then a standard shower tile install. The directions on the grout bag say the grout, should be misted 3 times a day for the next few days and the temperature should be between 50 to 70 deg. Last night I left a electric heater running inside the trailer to keep the temp at around 60-65 deg.  As I drilled for the 2 faucet holes this morning one of the tiles cracked as I drilled between 2 different tiles for each hole. Since it was already cemented down and it did not pop out, I will just leave it in place. My best advice is, if you have to drill a 1 3/8" hole - drill in the middle of the 4 x 4" thick tile. The color I installed for the grout was a light blue, to match the tiles. I really hate white grout - don't know why so many people use it?  In the next week - or two, I will also install a grout sealer to keep it looking new.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I am always looking for new ideas.