Thursday, June 30, 2011

Was ist eine Flügeltreppe ?

       Was ist eine Flügeltreppe ? Answer there is no such thing ! Or is there ? As the bed is 43" high I needed a ladder to get in and out of the bed, but that idea was total crap. I felt like I would break my neck on that ladder getting in and out of the 43" high bed. So I decided to invent stairs with wings... ie. Flügeltreppe !! All inventions have to have German names as they easily describe the concept in one word. This stupid little idea took some time to build and putz around with, but in the end I am very happy with the way it works. It is now very easy to get in and out of the bed, looks nice and cost about $40 to build out of oak wood with the finish. I think it would support about 400+ lbs- more then a regular ladder. It is also easy to remove and allow access to the cabinets under the bed.



Flügeltreppe - stairs with wings, makes it easy to get in and out of 43" high bed.


Below is the finished floor, nice contrast with the cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I am always looking for new ideas.