Monday, June 20, 2011

Insulation is working as well as expected

        With the new roof having 3 layers of white paint I was pleasantly surprised at the interior trailer temperature today. As you can see the proof is in the pudding, the interior temp was the same as the exterior. I was expecting to get an additional 5-6 degrees more inside, so I was very happy with the result. By the way I left the roof vent open 1-2". I have also put the thermostat on the ceiling, where it will get the hottest, down on the floor it is normally about 5-6 deg lower, I am always looking for worst case. Tomorrow I will try and do the final hookup for the a/c unit maybe, so I can do some more testing to see what I can get with the 7,000 Btu from LG. It would be nice to get 100 outside and to be able to measure how much power and how low the temperature would go. That way I could figure out how much solar power I would need worst case.



The bottom row has the min & max temp.


I'm more a 50 to 75 deg kinda guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I am always looking for new ideas.