Friday, June 17, 2011

Wood flooring has been ordered, est. delivery 1 week

      I was planing to buy the flooring at Southern Lumber, but they gave me so much JAZZ with a $100 sample deposit ( which I had for 60 minutes ) on which they also wanted $9 sales tax, who ever heard of something so ridiculous ? $9 Sales tax on a deposit ? When I wanted to place the order, they also wanted another $65 in Freight charges to their store. They told me their profit on a $8 sq. ft. flooring was so thin, they could not possible sell it cheaper. STUPID people, if I have to pay freight charges, then it has to go to my home not their business. So they lost my business on this order.

      After a few calls around to some other companies, I found Gail Irwin from Conklin Bros on Almaden Exp. in San Jose. WOW she was so friendly, called me right back with a great price that I could live with and had me in and out of the store in 10 - 15 minutes. Once I sat down at her desk I never had to get out of the chair, not even to pay. She had keep all my info from when I called to write the order ticket.  She has about 10+ Salesman of the month awards on the front of her desk. I can see why, even with a small $460 order like mine, she treated me just like a real customer who was shopping for a 2,000 sq. ft. house. These days its really a rare treat that you still meet a professional with great pride & enjoyment in their work. Gail - Thanks for your Help !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I am always looking for new ideas.