Friday, February 17, 2012

This battery lug crimping tool kicks butt

        For crimping battery cables lugs this tool really kicks butt. I was sort of scared to spend the money first since I didn't have that many things to crimp. But I do know that loose wire connections of the fastest way to hell with a fire. I also used a anticorrosion cream. Once this hydraulic tool made the crimps I could not pull them apart even if my life had dependent on it. 



I'm not sure but I think last week it was $10 cheaper. 
This thing works great all the way down to 1/0 wire battery lugs. 

Normally I don't buy my tools at Harbor freight. 
But this tool really is a grand slam. 

5 comments:

  1. I stay away from all their power and air tools as well as automotive mechanics tools (I buy only quality name brand) but Harbor Freight is great for many other things like all manner of clamps, fittings, some hand tools and "gadget" tools to name a few. All this at a small fraction of the price of what you'd pay at home centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me, I need one of those 6' long flex auger drills that Klein Tools makes for drilling through wall studs for wiring once the drywall has been installed. Home Depot wants like $40 bucks for one. Will see if Harbor Freight has them and for how much. Would be great if I could get one for under $10. Will report back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom

    Your supposed to drill the holes and install the wiring before you put up the sheetrock !!
    My biggest problem with tools is finding the right one is 60% of the job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the savings you get on the Harbor Freight electric tools, you can treat often them as disposable. They do have support -- I have had two out-of-warranty electric tools repaired at reasonable costs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 years later, and the crimper tool is now only $54. Guess that shoots the inflation theory from the grumpy shopper lady post!

    I have to get one. I've been looking for a crimper, but have gotten by with big heavy fence pliers so far.

    You get what you pay for, but I've had fine luck so far.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts, I am always looking for new ideas.